Thursday, November 09, 2006

Knitting in the Country


I attended my first Knit Happens at the Ironworks last night - lots of nice ladies and their wool. Good conversation, a nice house red and lots of interesting projects. Seems like a lot more people are felting these days and some are even trying my nemisis, Briggs and Little wool. Don't get me wrong - I like to knit with it but it never felts properly for me, just tightens up a bit and doesn't quite look felted. i have to say that my all time favorite is still Paton's classic merino. Nothing shrinks down like this except maye a traditional Lopi.
Pablo Honey is a pretty groovy kitty, if I do say so myself. As you can see, he's not very relaxed HA! He's pretty mellow except for the first really cold week in autumn, when he leaves the comfort of the barn for the warmth of the house. He is primarily an outdoor cat but when it gets cold, he spends his days inside. He's always skitterish for the first few weeks, as he shakes off his 'outdoor nerves'. He's probably the most loving cat that you'll ever meet, though and he loves to hug his family. One thing that we've concluded is that he thinks he's a dog - he bonded very heavily with Jack when he was a small kitten and goes outside when the dogs go. If call "boys - go outside', Pablo is the first to reach the door to the dogs' yard. If only I had normal pets...
Back to my green mitts - we're off to meet the Yarn Harlot tonight - EXCITEMENT!

No comments: