Thursday, May 24, 2007

Status Quo (no, not the British band, just my life)

Typical conversation in my house:

Me: Is Flashlight in or out? The construction crew has arrived and she shouldn't be outside
Him: Huh?
Me: Is Flashlight in or is she out?
Him: Sorry?
Me: Did you bring Flashlight in?
Him: What?
Me: Is. Flashlight.in. the.house?
Him: Okay, I'll let her in
Me: Oh, never mind

This, folks, is the reason that I believe in the power of meditation. After over 25 years of this nonsense, you either move on to the 'happy place' inside your head or you're doing time for murdering someone. It's all about your options. Happy thoughts...happy thoughts

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tara, thanks for commenting on my post at Gracious Parcels! Love your blog, I've put it in my favorites!
WhitneyKnitter

Bumbershootska said...

Ditto for yours, kiddo - I love it when people give back :)

Lisa said...

Cat looks none to impressed either.

My son sounds like your dh...I need to speak and mime at the same time to get his attention if he's doing something "important". Men of all ages cannot.multitask.

Bumbershootska said...

Sometimes, it makes me laugh but usually I just hunt down my corkscrew and find a clean glass

Poor Flashie - she's not too impressed with much these days...she's um...a little bitchy ;) (it's probably why I love her so)

One day, I'll share my theory about "brains or testicles"...

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.