Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Eastenders, down & dirty

Omigawd, it was embarrassing! I was watching my beloved Eastenders and the whole plot about Kat and Zoe (and that awful, sleazy Uncle Harry) was finally revealed. When K came in the room, he asked "why are you watching that crap?"...uh I mean, "what's happening?". I started to explain and then in a total PMS moment, started blubbering about how sad it all was, how well-written, blah blah blah - he looked at me with the eyes of man who has just met a rabid raccoon in a dark alleyway and doesn't know if it will tear his face off or just share its rotten garbage-finds with him. I pretended that it wasn't happening but I kept sneaking a peek at him through the corner of my eye. Panic, definitely panic...

Brains or testicles - I strongly believe that the human body can only hold so much mass. Just before we jettison off from Heaven before we are born, God gives us the choice - brains or testicles. You stand in a line, get your 'item' and then parachute to Earth. K stood in 'that' line and so, he just doesn't get hormones and a well-written, sad story and what it can do to a grrl...

I do love my Eastenders, much to the chagrin of most of the Brits that I meet. One of them, a refined young man (Hi, Daniel!) was horrified that I preferred EE to Corrie... some things ya just can't explain.

No comments: